9 Reasons you should visit Montreal’s Underground City
Did you know that Montreal has second city right underneath it? Underground City (also called La Ville Souterrain or RESO) is a huge complex of connecting shops, bars, restaurants, movie theaters, museums and much, much more. Because of its underground city, Montreal is sometimes referred to as “Two Cities in One”. Here are 9 reasons why you should visit this city underneath the City.
1. With more than 19 miles (30 km) of tunnels throughout a twelve square kilometer (4.6 sq mi) area of downtown, Montreal’s Underground City is the largest underground complex in the world.
2. Underground City links and contains more than 200 restaurants, 1700 shops and 30 movie theaters. There is more to see and do here that can be achieved in one day!
3. It is easily accessible from just about anywhere in the city. It is connected to 10 metro stations and there are more than 120 exterior entrances.
5. With more than 500,000 visitors a day, Underground City is a great place to people watch.
6. There are great photo opportunities around every corner.
7. Most parts of Underground City are open from 5:30 am to 1:00 am – the same hours of operation as the metro. Many exterior entrances are closed outside regular business hours.
8. Because of its location, Underground City is a great place to explore in any kind of weather.
3 Responses to “9 Reasons you should visit Montreal’s Underground City”
Leave a Reply
- Coming soon: Jazz on the Beach, Cairns, Austral...
- Once you start traveling, it can be hard to sto...
- There are a lot of television shows that film i...
- Coming soon in 2014: Jazz on Columbus Circle Ho...
- Podcasts are a convenient and interesting way t...